Thursday, July 3, 2008

Frustration, and a reminder

****Update 7/12/08**** I re-sent our packet to USCIS on this past Tuesday and we got a reciept for our check and a letter detailing the process from the Memphis office TODAY!!! YEA!! They've taken our money and won't send the forms back!! HOORAY!! :)

Well, today we had a frustrating thing happen...our I-800A application was kicked-back to us from Memphis. Here I was SO excited about the fact that we were all done and then, this! I have to admit that I was VERY disappointed. I'd like to say that I immediately remembered that this whole process is in my God's sovereign hands...I didn't. I was sulky and frustrated for awhile and I even had one of those "Just my luck...that's the kind of day I'm having" kind of pouts...Then He nudged. I love it when He does that!

I was reminded of all the things I've been saying not only to myself, but to many other folks in my life lately. Even as recently as two days ago. Things like "I can't believe how calm I've been" and "It's not like me to not focus on the time frame, but I'm really not". These things are true, but not because of me or my personality or my ability to calm myself. These things are true because of my God. He has given my complete peace in my heart about the timing of everything to do with our adoption. He knows who our daughter is. He knows where she is, when she'll be or was born and He knows the exact schedule that our paperwork has to follow in order for her to be referred to and placed with us. He knows.

I forgot that for a bit this afternoon. Until He nudged. He nudged and said "Do you believe me, or not?. Do you know that I know her, or not? My timing is always perfect and this, even this, is part of My timing."

Lord, help me to remember that each day of this journey. Amen.

3 comments:

Bran said...

Glad God gave u wisdom to feel His nudges!! We'll keep praying for His provision, His will and for little Rebekah!

Love u!!

5littlechickies said...

Submitting to His will versus ..... DELIGHTING in it!!!
I am learning this along with you, dear friend!
You are diligent and and over the top on details.... this makes this sort of lesson a tad bit harder to learn!!
You make me smile and I am glad you are my friend!

Jess

monkeymommy said...

Thank you for your post friend! You make me smile, too. :) This is and will continue to be something I have to work on. I hope I can begin to really learn this lesson as this process progresses. Love you, friend. Thank you for walking with me.