Thursday, July 3, 2008

Caleb-isms II

While staying at my mother's last weekend, Caleb was talking to my mom at bed time. She was tucking him in and had read him a bible story about the tower of Babel. Here's how it went down...

Mom was "snuggling" with Caleb, a practice that is part of our bedtime routine no matter who tucks him in. They were laying there quietly when,

Caleb: I wouldn't want to be that baby in the basket.
Mimi: Umm, Moses?
Caleb: Yeah, that baby Moses in the basket. I wouldn't want to be that baby Moses in the basket.
Mimi: Why not, baby?
Caleb: Because I would miss my Mommy. I love her so much.

What a tender heart.

2 comments:

kim said...

Oh how precious...but I have never doubted how sweet he is...I am his best friend after all. :)

monkeymommy said...

That is true, you are his best friend :) Thanks for commenting :)