Monday, June 23, 2008

Homestudy complete...officially!

I can't believe it! I REALLY can't believe it!! We got a call today from our local social worker and she FINALLY got the last background check clearance from Alabama...what that means is...
1. Our homestudy is COMPLETE!!!! YAY!!! Hooray and AMEN!
2. Today I mailed our I800-A application to our local social worker to be combined with our home study and home study approval letter from our placement agency and mailed to USCIS (United States Citizens and Immigration Services). This application is asking to government to allow us to bring a child in from another country and make her an instant citizen by declaring her an immediate relative of ours.
3. Once our placement agency has a copy of our home study they can add it to our dossier and submit the complete dossier to the Philippines and WE ARE OFFICIALLY WAITING!!!!

See what I mean, hard to believe! We are so excited and overjoyed that I just don't think words could do justice to the feelings. Thanks to everyone who's been praying so far. Keep it up and please pray diligently for Rebekah...before too long we'll know what she looks like, where she is and when she can come home :)!

2 comments:

Bran said...

Yea!!!!! Sending hugs your way!! So happy for you guys!!!

Unknown said...

yay! I am so happy for you sis! I can't wait to meet my niece! I love you guys so much!