Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Waiting

We've gotten our first taste of the waiting that is to come. It has been 2 weeks since our homestudy process was completed, but the report is still not done. This is because of some last minute additional requirements because of the new Hague standards, but I digress.

It doesn't matter why we're waiting, the fact is we are. This is the first moment in the process when we have nothing more to do but wait. This is not how I normally function. I am normally a "what's to be done, let's do it" type of person, so typically waiting is VERY hard for me, however...

Grace, Grace, God's grace
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within...

For the first time in my life, I am not fretful, stressed or tying myself in knots over my lack of ability to speed the process. Now, I won't lie to you and say that the past 2 weeks haven't felt like 2 months because they have. I also am very aware that we've only been waiting 2 weeks and our "real" waiting hasn't even begun yet. That will come after the Philippines has all our paperwork and has "logged us in" so we'll be waiting for a referral. I think, though, that the "sloooow"-moving-time-feeling is more due to the slow down of activity surrounding the process than any anxiety or tension. For several weeks we were compiling information, filling out forms, taking classes, and writing auto-biographies all the live-long day, so now if feels as if there is nothing to do. It's kind of...weird.

At any rate, we hope to get our last bit of info from the friendly folks in the state of Alabama, and have our homestudy report in hand very soon. Once we have that we'll be sending in our dossier and we'll be off to the races. Now our dossier...that's a-whole-nother post...

2 comments:

Bran said...

I love what David says about waiting in Psalms...

"Wait for the LORD; be strong take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

Strong and good-hearted is great qualities you have my dear friend...God is using you!

monkeymommy said...

Thank you for that encouraging word! I have not read that verse before, but it is just what I needed to hear. Thank you, my friend. :)