Tuesday, September 2, 2008

God's Amazing Creativity

As we drove down Hwy 1 on the Pacific coast last Saturday, I was inspired by the sensory experience of the drive. These are the words the Holy Spirit laid on my heart.

Great God of wonder
I see the majesty of Your creative hand everywhere I look.
From cliffs to sea
From mountains to beaches
Your creativity knows no bounds.

The sea rolls and reaches its white hands up toward the beaches
But You have said it can only come so far.
It rages against the cliff face
Giving voice to its frustration - a soothing fury.

From the heights I can see beyond the reaches of the sea
Diamonds dancing on the waves
Glittering in the sun
Until they are swallowed by the clouds resting on the water.

Breathtaking sites, soothing scents, relentless sounds
The smell of the eucalyptus that stays in your mouth and clears your nose
Mingling with the scent of water - salt and sand.
You have created it all
And every part of creation
Shouts the wonder of Your hand.

1 comment:

Myra McEntire said...

Yay! I'm so glad you posted this. Your word pictures are amazing. Keep writing sister!